2021 - 2022 : Bengali ‘Mahalaya’ special shows, Episodes
- Actor Jeetu Kamal to play Lord Shiva in Mahalaya special show
- Actress Subhashree Ganguly to play Goddess Durga in ‘Mahalaya’ special show?
- All leading Bengali channels seem to be competing with each other regarding Mahalaya special shows on TV.
- Koel Mallick is likely to essay Goddess Durga in a Mahalaya special program on one of the popular channels, rumours suggest, Subhashree has been roped in by yet another channel. Subhashree is currently judging the new season of reality show ‘Dance Bangla Dance’ alongside Bollywood actor Govinda and filmstar Jeet. She is likely to essay Goddess Durga on Mahalaya special show aired by the same channel. Reports suggest that the shooting will take place soon. The actress is all excited about the shoot and her look as Maa Durga.
Actor Jeetu Kamal to play Lord Shiva. Interestingly, this is not the first time, Jeetu is playing Lord Shiva's role on-screen. “I have played Lord Shiva at least 10 times in my career. I have also been a part of Mahalaya special show and essayed Lord Shiva's role,” Jeetu, who is a devotee of Shiva, considers this as a blessing. I can’t express my feelings when I wear the costume. Listening to Mahalaya is more than a ritual. The actor, who has movies to his credit, is currently busy with the television show ‘Hoyto Tomari Jonno’. Jeetu is playing a successful lawyer in the show. Actress Sampurna Mondal is paired opposite him in the show.
- All leading Bengali television channels are gearing up with their special shows on Mahalaya.
- A leading channel has roped in actress
Koel Mallick to play Maa Durga, while another is keen on casting
Ditipriya as Durga. Yet another channel is casting actress Subhashree
Ganguly as Goddess Durga.
- Yet another channel, which launched 4 new shows on Monday, is keen on casting none other than Koel as Maa Durga. The channel wants to rope in a leading male television actor as Lord Shiva in the Mahalaya special show, if reports are to be believed.
- Interestingly, the channel, on which actress Mimi Chakraborty was seen playing Goddess Durga last year, is keen on casting Ditipriya Roy in its Mahalaya special show. Both Ditipriya and the channel are tight-lipped about it.
- It will be interesting to see which channel manages to woo the viewers with their special shows on Mahalaya.