TRP: Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu vs MasterChef Telugu vs Bigg Boss Telugu 5
- The latest TRP report is out with indeed some surprises. Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu (EMK) which marked the comeback of Jr NTR on the small screen was off to a decent start.
- The curtain-raiser episode launched on August 22 (Sunday) starring none other than Ram Charan was expected to break and make a few records in terms of the TRP performance, but couldn't measure up to the hype and expectations, according to the TRP report. The show registered decent TVRs in the Urban category but underperformed in the U+R category. However, EMK sustained its viewership maintaining its TVRs during the week; due credits to the contestants and their performance.
- Jr NTR’s EMK had sky-high expectations to meet given the postponements but the familiar format of the show and also the channel’s track record in the recent past are also expected to be the reasons behind the show’s performance, as per industry sources.
- Meanwhile, Tamannaah Bhatia-hosted MasterChef Telugu
made an impressive debut and start, TRP report suggests. The TV series
in Telugu which was launched on April 27 (Friday) also marks the small
screen debut of Tamannaah and has managed to grab the attention of the
telly audiences with its unique format and compelling narrative. The
show airs every Friday and Saturday. The premiere episode which was
aired on Friday has put up some good numbers in the U+R category, as per
the TRP report.
- Today Episode and All Questions and Answers.
- Maneish Maryada, a Hyderabad-based entrepreneur has won Rs. 3,20,000
on the episode and he wants to set up a new start-up for his mom as
well. In the entertaining episode, Maneish opened up about his bald head
issue and how he faced bullying for the same and later embraced it.
Host Jr NTR then revealed about his overweight issue and how SS
Rajamouli even called him ‘ugly’ after which he underwent a dramatic
- Abhiram, a private employee from Khammam, lost Rs. 6,40,000 failing to answer a simple question on Candy and winning Rs. 3, 20,000 lac as prize money. Q) Which of these words has its origin in an Indian language? A. Candy B. Ketchup C. Safari D. Rickshaw, Answer is A (Candy)
qualifying for the hot seat cracking the fastest finger round is the
First contestant of the season facing the Rs. 25 lakh question, she is
an animator from Nizamabad, Telangana but she quit the game by winning Rs. 12,50,000
- A young female contestant has made it FIRST to the hot seat cracking the fastest finger round and she won Prize money of Rs. 10,000
- Here the Winner: Who will be the first contestant of the season tonight? Winner of first Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu (Who will be Winner of 1 Crore) Swetha Lakkaraju (Rs.10,000) and IITian Duggepogu Sunny
- Grand Gala curtain-raiser episode on August 22 (Sunday) featuring Ram Charan as the first celebrity guest of the season. Ram Charan doesn't miss a chance to pull host Jr NTR's leg and he won Rs. 80,000 in the episode so far without taking any lifeline. The upcoming episode will have the second part airing on August 23 (Monday) which is expected to have many more surprises. Besides, Ram Charan has reportedly won Rs. 25 lakhs on the show and he has donated the amount towards charity. Rumour mill has it that this is also the highest amount that a celebrity has won in the TV series in Telugu. A brain-teasing game is also awaiting tonight in the episode. Watch Here
- The most awaited non-fiction show of the season Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu
is to premiere on August 22 (Sunday). The show's launch was already
postponed on several occasions due to the pandemic, Jr NTR's recovery
from COVID-19, and other reasons.
- Jr NTR is likely to shoot for three days from July 10
in a special set built-in Annapurna Studios. He will interact with the
chosen contestants of the show picked through the fastest finger round.
Cinematographer Senthil of Baahubali and Eega fame was approached for
the promo shoot.
- The contestants were screened online and their profiles that will be played in the episode were also shot.
- Telugu superstar Jr NTR, who has recently announced his TV comeback as a host with Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu, has tested positive for Coronavirus. Jr NTR has taken to his micro-blogging handle to confirm the same and assures fans of his health. He and his family are currently in isolation receiving treatment.
- The premiere of Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu,
the Telugu version of the popular TV series 'Who Wants to Be A
Millionaire?', is most likely to be postponed to June 2021. The show,
which was expected to entertain from the last week of May, is now
postponed due to reasons unknown. The pre-production activity of the
show is in progress. The channel airing the show has been teasing fans
with questions and promos of the show.
- Salary: Jr NTR is charging over Rs 7 crore as remuneration for the upcoming season. Close sources reveal that the show will have a run of over 60 episodes in the season. Interestingly, Jr NTR is making his TV comeback with this show after nearly four years. Notably, Nagarjuna has received around Rs. 4.5 crore as remuneration for the last season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. He has hosted three seasons of the show in Telugu before Chiranjeevi succeeded him as the host. However, Chiranjeevi, who has hosted the fourth season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu, has apparently charged Rs. 9 crore, much higher than Nagarjuna and Jr NTR.
- All the Questions and Answers - Prashant Batar KBC (5 Crore question wrong; lost 9,680,000)
- The upcoming season is most likely to have a new title and makeover, as per sources. A special set is likely to be built in Annapurna Studios and Jr NTR is expected to shoot for the show despite his hectic #RRR shoot. However, an official confirmation and further details about the show are awaited at the moment.
- Jr NTR was last seen hosting Bigg Boss Telugu season 1 and he was widely accepted by the Telugu telly audience. Nagarjuna Akkineni stepped into Bigg Boss Telugu as a host from season 3. Meanwhile, Chiranjeevi Konidela hosted the previous fourth edition of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. He made his Telugu TV debut with the show which did not fare as expected in terms of TVRs (television ratings) when compared to its earlier seasons.
- On the other hand, Jr NTR's comeback on television is expected to be remarkable. Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu
is the Telugu version of Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan's
successful TV series Kaun Banega Crorepati. The series is currently
airing its 12th season.
- Nagarjuna has received around Rs. 4.5 crore as remuneration for the last season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu. He has hosted three seasons of the show in Telugu
- Chiranjeevi, who has hosted the fourth season of Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu, has apparently charged Rs. 9 crore
- Jr NTR is charging over Rs 7 crore as remuneration for the upcoming season
Rs. 5,000,000 winners -Somi Reddy (January 3, 2016)
Rs. 2,500,000 winners
- Ayshi and Donfor (November 12, 2015)
- Makton and Dolsia (December 11, 2015)
- Dondoris (December 22, 2015)
- The show was recently announced yet the show's launch got reportedly postponed due to the spike in COVID-19 cases.
- In the wake of a growing concern over TV shootings, Jr NTR has also tested positive for Coronavirus. It remains to be seen if the show's launch will be further postponed. Sources reveal that the pre-production activity is currently in progress.