2022 Tamil Reality TV Show - Dance vs Dance 2 Latest Update, Contestants, Participants, Spoiler, Winner, Elimination
Dance VS Dance 2 winner: Manoj and Amritha lift the trophy in Grand Finale: In the grand finale of Dance vs Dance Season 2, Manoj and Amritha, with their dazzling performance, took home the golden trophy along with a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakhs. Prithvi and Thiyan from Chennai claimed the runners-up crown along with a cash prize of Rs 3 lakh. Following them, the charming classical dancers’ Kavya and Mahalakshmi also had their moment of joy when they were declared the second runners-up. Manoj-Amrita, the dancing duo from Kerala, won the hearts of the judges with their scintillating performances throughout the season. They were exceptional in the grand finale, too, presenting a wide range of dance forms, topped by their contemporary and freestyle routines. On winning the coveted title, the couple said, "We are thrilled to emerge as title winners of Dance vs Dance on Colors Tamil. The platform has truly helped us learn and refine our nuances of dancing. We feel blessed to have shared the stage alongside some of the finest dancers the industry has seen."
- Dance vs. Dance is a popular
dance reality show, hosted by Bhavana Balakrishnan. The primary judges
were actress Kushbu and choreographer Brinda. The dance show had four
team leaders - actor Shaam, actress Ineya, Bigg Boss famed Abhirami
Venkatachalam, and choreographer Sridhar. After the success of the first
season, the makers launched season 2 on October 17, 2021. DVD 2
featured supremely talented dancers from across the country. The show
that started with 16 contestants came down to six finalists in the end.
- Dance Vs Dance 3 will start in 2022, Audition details are here.
- Today Episode:
Actress Khushbu Sundar, judge of the Dance vs Dance 2, has undergone a transformation. She has shed 20 kgs and left fans in complete awe. The senior actress took to her social media handles and spoke about her transformation. Khushbu wrote, “From there to here. 20kgs lighter, I m at my healthiest best. Look after urself,remember, health is wealth. N those who ask if I am sick, thanks for ur concern. I never been so fit ever before. If I inspire even 10 of u out here to lose weight n get fit,I know I have succeeded (sic)”
- Grand Start.
- 2021-2022 Seasons Special: The major highlight of the show is the judges -
actress Khushbu Sundar and National award-winning choreographer Brinda
Gopal master. In total, Dance Vs Dance 2 (DVD 2) will feature 16 teams with contestants from
various age groups. They have been chosen to be part of the show after
auditions held in various cities. Dance Vs Dance 2 will feature 4 owners
- actors Ineya, Abhirami Venkatachalam, actor Shaam, and choreographer
Sridhar. Popular Radio jockeys named RJ Sarumathi and RJ Sha (Syed
Ibrahim Sha) will be hosting the
Dance Vs Dance 2. They both are making their TV debut through this show.
The launch episode will feature the introduction of 16 contestants and
their dance along with some other power-packed performances too.
- Successful show Dance Vs. Dance brand new season. Dance Vs Dance Season 2 (DVD 2) premiered on October 17, premiere day at 6 pm and air on weekends in the evening slot.
- The first and second wave of Covid-19 has affected the premiere of the show.
- Dance vs Dance is an entertainment packed reality dance TV show that has rocked the Colors Tamil channel.
- In the first season itself, this spectacular show gained hundreds of viewer traffic on the channel and spiked up the TRP rates.
- The show created such a huge fan base among masses that after the final results of the first season itself, the show makers decided to come up with the season two of the show. And finally, after months of eagerly waiting they have announced that the planning of Dance Vs Dance season 2 is all set and done!
- Season 1 winners: After a vigorous competition, the pretty pair of Ankita and Pooja from Bengaluru won the title and took home a glittering trophy. They have also rewarded with a whopping cash prize of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- And Kalai-Rockson duo from Chennai won the first runners-up title and got a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh. The other cutest contestants of the show, Tanisha and Gurunath emerged as the second runners up of the inaugural season of Dance Vs Dance.
- Dance Vs Dance 2 is a popular reality show, which is judged by actress and politician Khushbu Sundar and renowned choreographer Brinda master. The show will premiere on October 17.
- The second season of the popular reality show Dance vs Dance was slated for a launch. Earlier, the auditions for the show Dance vs Dance 2 were held in five cities including Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy and Madurai. The contestants were given a chance to flaunt their dancing skils.
- Khushbu, who has headlined several serials, and hosted and judged reality shows, is back on television. The actress is all set to judge Dance Vs Dance Season 2. After Lakshmi Stores, which ended in 2020, Khushbu had done cameo appearances in shows like Jothi and Gokulathil Seethai. And on the big screen, she will soon be seen in Rajinikanth’s Annaatthe. “Dance, as an art, is very close to my heart. I am very passionate about it. I had watched the first season of Dance vs Dance, which was really wonderful, and to have Brindha by my side is a cherry on the cake. So, I am twice as excited to be a part of it.”
made her TV comeback in the show Gokulathil Seethai wherein she is seen
as Dr. Mangalam. Prior to this, Khushbu is known for her appearances in
the shows Lakshmi Stores (as Mahalakshmi Devaraj) and Nandini (as
Parvathi/Durga Amman), to name a few. Earlier, she co-judged the reality
shows Azhagiya Tamil Magan, Jodi Number One - Season 5 and Maanada
Mayilada seasons (3-5 and 7-8). As a TV host, Khushbu impressed with
the shows Jackpot, Nijangal and Namma Veetu Mahalakshmi.
- Brindha Master expressed her excitement about the second season of the dance reality show and added, “I
have been a part of season 1 and it was nothing short of magnificence.
Season two looks even more promising, and I truly look forward to
meeting the contestants, who I believe would be full of possibilities.
Talking of the show, the format this time is brand new and different
from the previous season. Besides, I am delighted to be sharing the
space with Khushbu, who is a great friend.”
- Actor and orator Dr G Gnanasambandam (Gurunathan Gnanasambandham) has joined the much anticipated reality show Dance Vs Dance 2. Gnanasambandam, who hails from Madurai is a professor, orator and writer. Later, he became an actor. He made his acting debut in 2004 in Kamal Haasan’s movie Virumaandi. He has acted in more than 20 films over the years. He is also the recipient of the Kalaimamani Award (Tamil Nadu State Government Award 2005). He has written a number of books also. Gnanasambandam is known for his appearances in the shows Saravanan Meenatchi (as Marudupandi), Tamil Selvi (as Dr. Kamaraj), Thirumathi Hitler (as Chakravarthy) and Cooku With Comalis (season 1).
- Dance Vs Dance 2 will feature 4 owners - actors Ineya, Abhirami Venkatachalam, actor Shaam, and choreographer Sridhar.
- RJ Saru
aka Sarumathi is on cloud nine as she makes her television debut with
Dance Vs Dance 2. Saru will be co-hosting the show along with another
RJ Sha. It also marks RJ Sha's TV debut. “Super duper happy to start my
television career with a Dance show - Dance Vs Dance season 2 with
@rjsha007 (co host). Their energy is ever inspiring and love is
unconditional. It is fun max with show team. Saru, hailing from
Coimbatore, is a Visual Communication graduate from PSG College of Arts
and Science. She was an operational analyst in the early days of her
career. Later, she became an RJ. Currently, she is presenting a show
called Golisoda. This multifaceted talent is a classical dancer, trained
theatre artist, and a wire artist too.
- Dance Vs Dance show was hosted by Kiki and Vijay.
- Dance Vs Dance: Ankita and Pooja crowned as the winners
- Dance Vs Dance was one of the leading dance shows of Tamil television. This dance show, which premiered on November 24, 2018, kept the audience entertained for 14 weeks. Finally, Dance Vs Dance show came to an end with a perfect finale (on March 3) and Ankita and Pooja bagged the title.
- Dance Vs Dance started its journey with 14 pairs. After many rounds of eliminations, only four pairs made it to the finale. Those four pairs of contestants, who fought out with the best of the abilities for the winner title were - Kalai & Rockson, Gurunath & Tanisha, Sudhan & Raveena and Pooja & Ankita.
- On commenting on winning the grand title, Pooja and Ankita said, “We are excited to be crowned as the winners of Dance Vs. Dance. This platform and journey have been a great learning experience for us. We got a chance to share the stage with the greatest dancers from K-Town, especially our judge, Brinda Master. We will continue to inculcate the learnings from this stage and take them with us to every platform we perform.”
- On speaking about the journey and the winners for the night, nationally acclaimed choreographer Brinda said, “It was a challenging task as a choreographer and judge as we had to declare a pair as a winner. Although we had many talented pairs in the show. All the dancers are world-class performers, but the one pair that transcended limitation with ease and grace is Ankita-Pooja. Their unique style and strength to compete against all odds was commendable”.
- Actor Nakhul, the energetic and lively judge, said, “We are very delighted to announce Ankita and Pooja as deserving winners of the Dance Vs. Dance title. Right from the beginning, the duo has showcased exemplary grace, style and determination. They played to their strengths in many rounds and also overcame their weaknesses with utmost sincerity, which is indeed a winning trait. We wish them the very best in their career and look forward to see them perform on international platforms."
- Ankita and Pooja won the hearts of the judges and fans. They rocked the floor with their belly dancing routine in the grand finale. Ankita and Pooja were trained by choreographer Vaishnavi. This duo impressed the audience in each and every step with their creativity.
- Special Guests: Actress Amala Paul graced the show as the special guest of the finale. Amala Paul, choreographer Brindha and actor Nakhul judged the show. And Earlier weeks Oviya, Aishwarya Rajesh, Priyamani, Nadhiya, Poorna, Madhoobala, Nikki Galrani, Namitha, Simran, Regina Cassandra, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar and others took part as special guests in the Dance Vs Dance show.