Satyamev Jayate Season 3
5 things we LIKED about Satyamev Jayate season 3
Season 3 of Satyamev Jayate (SMJ) got off to a rousing start yesterday on Star Plus. And kicking off the proceedings this time was sports and the overall neglect (except cricket) it faces in this one billion plus populated country. There was no attempt made to indulge in unneeded jingoism nor was there a rabble rousing speech given highlighting the plight of sports in our country. Instead, host Aamir Khan chose a novel way to explain the importance and need to take up sports for one's own benefit. 'Get addicted to sports' was the buzz word given and the guests chosen on the show were inspiring enough to make us realise that it's important to ingrain the values of sportsperson for our own betterment. As critics, we found more positives than negatives in the opening episode. We list out the best five.
1. Sports is for everyone. No one has ever showcased the idea of sports transforming the lives of the underprivileged of the society. If sports can change a dreaded don, it can just about change any other commoner's life. Team SMJ and Aamir Khan deserves kudos for earmarking such an idea and bringing it to life on screen with an apt title A Ball Can Change The World.
2. From Akhilesh Paul to Commonwealth Games gold medallists, Babita Kumari and Geeta Kumari, to nine-year-old golf champion Shubham Jaglan, SMJ smartly chose those whose stories would inspire viewers. Akhilesh's transformation from a local thug to a football coach, Kumari sisters’ struggle to become wrestlers and Shubham's prodigy at work surely made all of us realise the untapped sportsperson that still lurks inside us.
3. The moment when Kumar sisters father emphatically said, “If a woman can be India's prime minister, there was no reason why my daughters can't be wrestlers”.
4. Aamir Khan turned Being Human and comforted a sobbing Akhilesh with warm hugs and pats when the latter got nostalgic after remembering how he spent New Year's eve with beggars whose leftovers he ate for dinner. As if on cue, Aamir immediately got up the moment he saw tears welling up in Akhilesh's eyes. What followed next was a warm hug straight out of a Bollywood potboiler. Thankfully, Khan fought back his tears and kept the episode less melodramatic.
5. Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar and badminton ace Saina Nehwal lending their active support for the cause of sports and its development in the country.
So did you all like the first episode of Satyamev Jayate season 3? Let us know in the comment section below.
Public transport especially buses in India are hot beds of perverts and molesters who lurk around preying on unsuspecting victims. Satyamev Jayate’s (SMJ) newly released teaser titled ‘Mumkin Hai’ focuses on this perennial problem that has been plaguing women in our country for ages now.
The teaser shows a thug lecherously eyeing a girl passenger. He approaches her slowly and attempts to make physical contact by sliding his hands down the side bar which she is holding. Sensing a stranger’s unwanted touch, the girl takes her hand away and occupies a seat that has just been vacated. The thug then moves towards the now seated girl and positions himself in such a manner so as to have his crotch rubbed against her body.
Does this make you cringe already? If yes, then this is what hundreds of women daily experience in the great Indian public transport. Shamefully, we all remain mute spectators allowing the pervert to gratify himself while the woman is left to fend off for herself. Rarely do we see someone standing up to stop the menace.
In the ad though, thankfully the bus conductor takes a stance and tells the man to take his ticket and move ahead in a stern yet polite tone. The warning is delivered loud and clear with the message that Satyamev Jayate is all set to return soon.
While Aamir & Co have always been guarded about their topics and prefer to keep their cards close to their chests, the new teaser does indicate that SMJ this time could focus more on women-centric issues especially those relating to ***ual harassment. This should be a welcome change given the fact that with every passing year cases of ****, molestation, eve-teasing and other forms of crimes committed against women has only seen a steady increase. With Aamir doing the talking, we are sure highlighting issues like the above would soon make men folk in our country aware about the real trouble their mothers, sisters and daughters face whenever they step out of their homes and take action whenever they see the fairer *** being troubled and heckled in public.
Season 3 of SMJ starts on 5 October at 11am on Star Plus. It’s from the house of Aamir Khan Productions.
Watch the teaser here: