He had to train himself in horse riding for the shoot of this show.
Actor Bhushan Pradhan, who is playing the role of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the show, had to train himself in horse riding for the shoot of this show. Bhushan trained for horse riding before shooting for the show.
- Notable Marathi actress Nishigandha
Wad will play the role of Rajmata Jijau on-screen. Nishigandha is so
excited to play Jijamata on-screen as she was also a history student.
After almost 10 years, Nishigandha Wad has made her comeback on Marathi
television. She is definitely looking forward to this smashing comeback.
- Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba actor Vishhal Nikam, who earlier played the lord Jyotiba, is now set to play a historical character soon in Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji. The actor is going to play Shivaji Maharaj's soldier, Shiva Kashid, who was a braveheart in his force. Shiva Kashid volunteered to disguise himself as Shivaji Maharaj to help him escape from the siege of Panhala. As per history, Shivaji Maharaj was stuck at Panhala as Siddi Jauhar's army had laid the siege. To break the siege, Shiva Kashid got exactly dressed in the avatar of Shivaji Maharaj and succeeded in misleading the Siddhi Jauhar.
- Upcoming historical TV show Jai Bhavani
Jai Shivaji has already grabbed viewers attention with its breathtaking
teasers. The show will portray the unknown stories of the unsung
warriors of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's
Swarajya and Sardar -Senapati of Marathi empire Netaji Palkar was one
of them. Actor Kashya Parulekar, who is going to depict the role of
Netaji in the show, is quite excited about it.
- It's a huge opportunity and responsibility for me to depict Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj: Bhushan Pradhan on ‘Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji’
- Talking about making his comeback with a historical TV show Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji, and playing Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on-screen, Bhushan said, "I consider myself lucky that such an opportunity came to me. Also, more than the opportunity, it is a responsibility. It was my dream role to portray the character of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.”
- Bhushan added that he went through a lot of physical and mental preparation for the role. He said, "Maharaj was an extraordinary personality, so portraying him on-screen requires a lot of preparation and hard work. I had attended workshops for script reading and everything. Later, I focused on some mental preparation. I started reading and studying stuff related to Shivaji Maharaj and getting under the skin of character; I started listening to 'Povada' of Maharaj. Also, even if I didn’t know the exact meaning of a specific word, I first try to know it and work on the emotions, then only deliver the dialogues. I feel Maharaj's character has a lot of detailing, and I try to bring that in everything. Portraying Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is itself the biggest ever achievement I have had in my acting career.”
- The actor added it's a responsibility to play such an iconic role on-screen. He stated, "We all have respect and admiration for Maharaj, so the creative team and the show's makers are focusing on minor things as well. You have to be responsible for everything you portray because the whole state or community is looking upon you and making sure that nothing should pull back my onscreen performance. I have put all other work commitments on hold to dedicate myself unreservedly to this role.”
- Popular Marathi actor Bhushan Pradhan is all set to make his comeback on Marathi television after 8 years with the upcoming TV show Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji. The actor will essay the role of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, and he is quite excited about it. In an exclusive chat with ETimes TV, Bhushan spoke about playing Chhatrapati on-screen, his preparation for the historical role and why he feels it's a huge opportunity and responsibility for him to represent such an iconic role on-screen.
- Bhushan Pradhan
- Kashyap Parulekar
- Ajinkya Deo
- Nishigandha Waad
- Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba actor Vishhal Nikam, who earlier played the lord Jyotiba "I am very grateful to the channel for giving me this opportunity. Earlier, I was doing the same channel's show Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba, and I have received so much love from the viewers. Now, I have the responsibility to present the role of Shiva Kashid in Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji. Thousands of Shivaji Maharaj's Mavle (soldiers) sacrificed their lives for the motive of Swarajya. The story of these warriors will unfold in this show. We can now say that history is going to be alive now. We have heard about the bravery of Shiva Kashid. On the occasion of Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji show, the audience will get a chance to experience his journey on-screen. I look forward to playing this new role.
- Notable Marathi actress Nishigandha Wad will play the role of Rajmata Jijau on-screen
- Jay Bhavani Jay Shivaji will telecast on Star Pravah television channel from 2 May 2021. The show will air from Monday to Friday at 10pm. The show can also be stream online on OTT platfrom Disney+ Hotstar. Other details related to the show are given below