Contestant G. Sasi aka Sasi Ma got evicted in the latest episode of the cookery show
- Live Streaming.
Contestant G. Sasi aka Sasi Ma got evicted in the latest episode of the cookery show. Contestants were given the challenge to present a delicacy using leftovers. 12 contestants were divided into pairs of two for the team challenge in the mystery box round.
- The red team was asked to prepare a starter using ingredients like egg shells, fishbone, and chicken feet.
- The yellow team was asked to prepare a dessert by making optimal use of banana peel, watermelon rind, and the seeds of Jackfruit.
- The blue team had to cook a main course using peels of peas and corn cob along with the residue water of boiled chickpeas.
- At the end, three duos impressed the judges and entered the balcony. Following this, in the Sunday’s episode, pairs Kritraj and Devaki, Nithya and Sunita and G. Sasi and Sumitra had to undergo the pressure test challenge for eventual elimination. In the pressure test challenge put forth by the chefs, the contestants had to hero their choice of ingredient. Unfortunately, the dish named Kokum Dhamaka made by Sasi Ma in this challenge failed to impress the judges. Hence, Sasi bid adieu to the show. In spite of the leftovers challenge not going as per her plans, she said that team challenges happened to be her favourite experiences on the show. G. Sasi, who hails from Coimbatore, was one of the most loved and promising contestants of MasterChef Tamil. She was among the first set of contestants to win the prestigious MasterChef apron and made it into the top 14 list. She often surprised the judges with her culinary s****s and innovative recipes like Kummayam. She is remembered for her aatukal dance and other interesting acts. She built her own fan base within six episodes of her presence in the show. At the age of 63, Sasi showcased her zeal to enter the MasterChef Kitchen and tried her best to fight it out and win the title. She runs a small catering business and her dream is to continue to grow big in the culinary field.
the second episode, these contestants were honored with the apron with
the MasterChef logo which also had their names on it. In the next 28
episodes, they will fight for the much-coveted title of MasterChef
- First Episode - Vijay Sethupathi hosted MasterChef Tamil show to premiere on August 7 and will air on weekends in the evening slot, The show initially welcomed 24 contestants, finally, 14 contestants impressed the judges with their culinary s****s.
- MasterChef Tamil, the Tamil edition of the internationally renowned cookery show MasterChef, is all set to premiere on August 1 (Sunday). Vijay Sethupathi will be hosting the show. MasterChef Tamil will be aired for 3 months industry sources suggest.
- MasterChef Tamil, a 30-episode series will premiere on August 7 and entertain the telly audiences on weekends in the prime time slot.
- In spite of the promo video being released in May 2021, the new launch date of the show is still unclear. The show will highlight the grit and courage of home cooks who will battle it out in the kitchen for the coveted MasterChef of Tamil Nadu title.
- Vijay Sethupathi set to host MasterChef Tamil.
- Vijay Sethupathi set to host MasterChef Tamil, Actor Vijay Sethupathi is to host the Tamil version of the popular TV series MasterChef. "MasterChef Tamil isone of the most exciting projects in my career"
- Vijay Sethupathi is not new to Tamil TV. He has hosted the reality show ‘Namma Ooru Hero’, which aired between January, 2019, and May, 2019. In the show, Vijay Sethupathi interacted with many unsung heroes who worked hard for the betterment of the society. Several years ago, he also appeared in the TV show Penn as Bharani.
- Currently, Vijay Sethupathi is one of the most sought-after Tamil actors. He has acted in over 40 movies. Besides being a successful actor, Vijay Sethupathi is also a playback singer, producer, dubbing artist and writer, too.
- MasterChef is a three-decade old cooking reality show which has been adopted in many languages over the years.
- MasterChef India was first launched in the year 2010. Since then, six seasons of MasterChef India have been held so far.
- Expert cooks from various walks of life take part in this grand cookery show. The contestants flaunt their culinary s****s to win the prestigious title of MasterChef.
- MasterChef Tamil will air on weekends in the evening slot.
- The show initially welcomed 24 contestants (home cooks) from various walks of life.
Pongal cheesecake to deconstructed chocolate pan on a platter, the
contestants tried their best to surprise the judges. Finally, 14 contestants impressed the judges with their culinary s****s.
- As the rounds progress, the contestants would be eliminated one by one every week.
- The top 14 contestants who have entered the next phase are:
- Vinny Shukla
- Tara Rhine
- T.C. Selva Sunitha
- Sumithra Rajesh
- Sasi G
- Sashi Anand Sridharan
- Nausheen Yusuf
- Mariam Shazia Shah
- Krithika Sivanesan
- Kritaj Ashok Kumar
- K. Manikandan
- Dr.Nithya Franklin
- Aarthi Satheesh
- The channel airing the show has introduced the celebrity chefs who will judge the debut season of the reality TV series in Tamil. Aarthi Sampath, Harish Rao and Koushik S to judge Vijay Sethupathi's MasterChef Tamil.
- Popular celebrity chef Aarthi Sampath is delighted to be the judge of the cookery show MasterChef Tamil “So this happened...Can’t describe how exciting and fulfilling this journey has been. The team work of a few hundred people has made this dream come true. Truly grateful"
- About her : Chef Aarthi Sampath has worked in a number of hotels in India and abroad. She also ran a healthy food truck in Seattle, US, and witnessed a massive success. Her curiosity to learn and explore global cuisine helped her to succeed in many countries. Aarthi took part in a leading channel’s culinary competition ‘Chopped’ and emerged as the winner of the show. Later, she participated in the show ‘Chopped Masters’. She emerged as the winner leaving Iron Chef Bobby Flay behind in the game show, ‘Beat Bobby Flay’. Her winning recipe biryani was highly appreciated.
- Koushik can be seen saying that he will focus on the thought process involved in preparing any dish. Aarthi, on the other hand, is keen upon the preparation while Harish Rao says he looks at the taste of the recipe prepared by the contestants.
- Aarthi said, “We are amazed by the kind of talent that has been unraveled in the show until now. The kind of perfection and precision exhibited by the contestants have been on par with professional standards. I cannot wait to see what more they have in store for us!”
- Harish said, “Every detail such as time management, choice of dishes, and plating s****s are being taken into account. These aspects add to the theatrics of the show.”
- Koushik S said “It has proven to be a perfect platform for amateur chefs to showcase their talent. The presence of a charming host such as Vijay Sethupathi and the support that IFA lends to the project just helps tie the show together in an even more seamless way.”
- Mr. Saravana Prasad, producer of the show said “We are happy to present an internationally renowned culinary show in the regional formats. Each and every aspect of the show has been tailor made to suit the preferences of regional audiences without compromising on the grandeur of the international format of MasterChef. As the host of the show, Vijay Sethupathi has further elevated the entertainment quotient. His style of presenting the show beautifully is sure to enthrall the audience. We are very much excited to be launching the show in August and are confident that it will be an instant hit with Tamil audiences from across the globe.”
- Vijay Sethupathi, actor-Host of MasterChef Tamil said “Hosting MasterChef cookery show is one of the most exciting projects in my career. The grandeur of the show is unparalleled and I’m sure that this will set a new benchmark for culinary shows in Tamil GEC space. The makers have really brought to life many aspects from our kitchens and have added a spark to it in the MasterChef kitchen. We have poured all our heart into this show and I am thrilled for it to hit the screens soon in August.”
- The timer in the show is given a special name, ‘Vetri Mani’, which means victory bell
- The interiors of the grand set of the show have many interesting elements like sculptures of ancient monuments and horses, to name a few. The interiors have been designed using recyclable materials. A model of a tree made of palm plates, the logo with the letter ‘M’ is made of bottles and a horse’s neck made with simple utensils are some of the major highlights
- The makers claim that MasterChef Tamil will be in line with the international format. The contestants are given opportunities to showcase their cooking talent, get good exposure and hone their s****s even further.
- The MasterChef Tamil is expected to air for over 20 episodes. Reports suggest that the show which premieres on August 1 will be aired until the second week of October 2021