Indian Idol 12 - First photo of the glittering golden trophy
Latest Update/ Spoiler:
First photo of the glittering golden trophy, Indian Idol 12 will conclude this week and the winner will be declared in the finale episode on August 15. While the show will go on for 12-hours, here's a look at the guests who will appear, the top 6 finalists and how the trophy looks like this time.
TOP 6 finalists - Pawandeep Rajan, Arunita Kanjilal, Mohd Danish, Sayli Kamble, Nihal Tauro and Shanmukha Priya.
- Indian Idol Season 12 will mark its semi-final ‘Karan Johar Special’ episode :
grand show is all set to welcome one of the most talented personalities
in the industry, one who has donned many hats. This weekend, Indian
Idol 12 will be welcoming Karan Johar with a ‘Karan Johar Special’
episode. The contestants will be seen putting together exceptional
performances on the hits songs from KJo's iconic films. An overdose of
drama, entertainment topped up with musical melodies of different
genres, this will be one of the most talked about semi-finales, ever.
Host Aditya Narayan along with the judges Anu Malik, Sonu Kakkar and
Himesh Reshammiya will be seen indulging in a fun and engaging banter
with the special guest Karan Johar in this semi-finale weekend episode.
Not only this, ace designer Manish Malhotra is going to dress up the
finalists in his beautiful and stunning creations. Take a look at the
promo as the contestants shared their excitement and visited his store.
- Indian Idol 12 is approaching its grand finale. While it is going to be a mega-event that will create history and will air for 12 hours on television, preparations are in full swing. As it will be a big day for finalists, it is important for them to dress up well too. And guess who is going to give a makeover to these Indian Idol finalists? Bollywood’s ace designer Manish Malhotra.
- Varun Sharma, Manjot Singh, Elnaaz Norouzi Promote ‘Chutzpah’ on Indian Idol 12
- SonyLIV and Maddock Outsider's latest web show 'Chutzpah' has been creating waves all over the digital world ever since it started streaming from 23rd July. This weekend on the sets of Indian Idol Season 12 will be graced by the cast of the new-age, quirky show starring Varun Sharma, Manjot Singh and Elnaaz Norouzi among other Gen-X actors.
and honoring the talented actor from the Golden Age of Cinema, Indian
Idol Season 12 will be welcoming veteran actor Randhir Kapoor on the show this weekend.
- ‘King of Disco’ Bappi Lahiri Special Episode: Contestant Arunita earns a recording contract from veteran singer Bappi Lahiri. Themed ‘Bappi Da Surprise Special’, the music maestro will be bringing in a lot of goodies in the form of surprises for all the contestants. The Top 6 contestants will be giving an ode to the legend by singing some famous chartbuster hits given by Bappi Da, making it a memorable affair. Arunita singing ‘Raat Baaki, Baat Baaki’. Her performance is going to win hearts guest judge Bappi Lahiri is extremely impressed with her performance and he hands over a document. To Arunita’s surprise, she reveals it to be a recording contract.
- Karisma Kapoor Special Episode: It
will be an evening filled with musical melodies, entertainment and an
abundance of talent. Karisma will be seen sharing the stage with Mohd Danish
and will be fully impressed with Pawandeep's performance. Moreover, she
will also lip sync to Pyar Kar with Arunita Kanjilal. The actor will
also reveal several interesting facts including why she signed Dil Toh
Pagal hai. Here we are with some of the behind-the-scenes pictures from
the upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12.
- Ashish Kulkarni's recent elimination
from singing reality show, Indian Idol 12 created quite an uproar on
social media as viewers called the decision 'unfair'. However, Ashish
recently opened up about his eviction, shared that he doesn't think his
elimination was unfair and calls his journey on the show as life
- Asha Bhosale Special Episode:The show is all set and rolling to be welcoming yet another absolute legend in the upcoming episodes in the form of Asha Bhosale. After
the elimination of Sawai Bhatt, we might see Mohd Danish or
Shanmukhapriya getting evicted from Indian Idol for THIS reason.
galore It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Indian Idol 12 has found
itself in more controversies that all the others seasons combined. One
controversy doesn’t die down when the other pops up. But, the
contestants seem unwavering, almost fiercely loyal in their defence of
Indian Idol season 12. So, today, let’s see how they’ve tackled the
various spots of bother the musical reality show has frequently found
- Ashish Kulkarni addresses rumours of the show being scripted,Reacting to talk of Indian Idol being scripted this time, Ashish Kulkarni told TOI, “Let me tell you honestly, none of our performances are scripted. It is all natural and organic, the way we perform is exactly shown the same way. It is totally unscripted – if you sing well, you get praised, if you sing bad, you have to face the wrath. A few other things are part of entertainment. We all have our journeys and it is not scripted, it is true.”
- Shanmukhapriya compares herself to Michael Jackson
Shanmukhapriya has copped the most negativity from viewers for her
performances and lasting this long while other contestants have been
eliminated before her. Dismissing all the negative comments and trolling
of other kind, she had told Yo! Vizag, “I came to know about the
happenings only after a few of my well-wishers reached out to me. I try
to take the trolls with a pinch of salt. Even the greatest of like
Michael Jackson had to endure criticism.”
- Pawandeep Rajan reacts to relationship rumours with Arunita Kanjilal Pawandeep Rajan and Arunita Kanjilal’s alleged relationship has drawn more online chatter and grabbed more eyeballs than all of the performances put together, with many also believing that the makers have stages their romance to boost TRPs. In an exclusive interview with BollywoodLife, Pawandeep denied the existence of any sparks between him and Arunita, and said, “The relationship we both have is a very good friendship. This is only a friendship, so don’t make it sound like we are wandering.”
- Nihal Tauro responds to rumours of him dating Sayali Kamble
Another speculated relationship that has been spoken about on the show,
though not with the same ferocity, is that of Nihal Tauro and Sayali
Kamble. Just like Pawandeep, Nihal, too, denied it in an interview with
Bombay Times by saying, “We call Sayali, ‘Bhai’, and she considers me as
her younger brother. We love each other a lot and she is not my sister
but a big brother (laughs). Our bonding is great as we like spending
time with each other by rehearsing or playing UNO. Sayali and I sing and
rehearse a lot together. We even give inputs to each other and better
each other. But, there is no romantic angle between us and I know our
bonding can give this impression that there’s something going on, but
trust me, there’s no truth to this romantic-angle story.”
- Sawai Bhatt opens up on his shocking elimination
One of the biggest controversies on the show erupted when Sawai Bhatt
was eliminated as many were of the opinion that he was unfairly cast out
while other undeserving contestants were retained. In an emotional
note, Sawai Bhatt not only thanked the show for the name and fame he’s
attained and expressed his gratitude to all those who voted for him, but
also lamented how fake IDs on social media were blocking potential
support in future from netizens. “Hello ji Namaskar main aapka Sawai
Bhatt. Doston, aap mujhe itna support karte hain aur mujhe kitna pyar
karte hain, to aap sab log ka shukar guzar hun. Bas doston yahi kehna
chahunga ki Indian Idol ne mujhe bahut kuch diya hai, itna bada naam
diya hai mujhe aur aap logon se itna pyar mila hai aashirwad mila hai.
Bas mera yahi kehna hai ki mere naam se bahut log fake ID banaa rakhe
hain aur mein itna padha likha nahin hun thoda bahut hun. Aap mujhe
support kijiye aur mere naam se log kafi bahut galat ID banaa rakhe hain
unke naam se unki vajah se mujhe support nahin mil pata aur please mera
yahi kehna hai ki aap mujhe support kijiye aur hamesha apna aashirwad
banaye rakhe mere upar. Main bahut emotional hu kyunki yahan per aane ke
bad logon ka pyar milega. Mujhe yeh sab pata nahin tha ki Rajasthan
mein kitna log mujhe support karte hain. Veh mere yahan par aate hi mera
aisa welcome karenge mujhe pata nahin tha aap mujhe itna support karte
hain bahut bahut dhanyvad aapka,” he had written on Instagram.
- Anjali Gaikwad’s answer to Amit Kumar
However, the biggest controversy thus far surrounding Indian Idol 12
was Amit Kumar disclosing that he was told by the producers to praise
the contestants and keep everyone’s spirited uplifted no matter what.
Speaking to a leading daily about it, Anjali Gaikwad had said, “We were
not disheartened when Amit Kumar ji said that he did not enjoy the
episode and our singing. It is his opinion and he was our guest. We have
to respect him. We respect his opinion and we have taken his
suggestions. We have noted his suggestions and we are working on it. It
was his opinion and everyone is entitled to give their opinion. We have
just tried to improve our singing.”
- Sawai Bhatt Eliminated. There
were three contestants who were in the danger zone- Mohammad Danish,
Nihal Tauro and Sawai. Contestant Sawai Bhatt got eliminated from the
show. Post getting eliminated from the show, Sawai went to his hometown
Nagaur, wherein he received warm welcome from his loved ones. Take a
look at his grand welcome pictures.
- Indian Idol 12 is all set for Father’s Day Special episode contestants singing and dedicating some significant songs to their respective fathers, who will also grace the stage for the special episode.
- TOP 8 : Nihal Tauro, Shanmukha Priya, Sawai Bhatt, Ashish Kulkarni, Pawandeep Rajan, Muzaffarnagar, Arunita Kanjilal, Sayli Kamble.
- Rakhi Sawant is appeared on Indian Idol 12. The actress flew to the shoot location and shared how she is excited to feature.
show has picked up on the TRP charts and its romance special episode
got them to the fourth position on the list of the most watched shows on
- Indian Idol 12: Netizens slam contestant Shanmukhapriya for 'ruining' a classic song; say she should be evicted
- The music reality show, Indian Idol 12 is nearing its finale and the makers have decided there will be no elimination announced a powerplay round, in which the contestants getting highest votes will automatically get an entry to perform in the finale rounds.
- Indian Idol season 12 completes 50 episodes; team celebrates the special milestone - Popular music reality show Indian Idol season 12 has always come up with the best talent across the nation. Celebrating the festival of Eid with some amazing moments.
- Legendary singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit Kumar gifts a watch to Pawandeep which was given to him by his father -
The singing reality show that has never failed to mesmerize the viewers
will be presenting a Kishore Kumar 100 songs special episode. In a bid
to promote this legacy, and speaking of singing sensations, this
weekend, none other than legendary Kishore Kumar’s son, Amit Kumar
grace the show. The episode saw one of the most remarkable moments when
Pawandeep received a special gift from Amit Kumar himself. Post
Pawandeep's brilliant performance on the songs 'Dilbar Mere', 'Mere Dil
Mein Aaj kya hai', 'Kora kagaz tha Mann mera', he received a standing
ovation with fantastic reviews from the Judges. The guest of the special
episode Amit Kumar gave him advice to start composing songs on his own.
All were highly impressed by Pawandeep's voice.
- Neha Kakkar and Himesh Reshammiya resume shooting for Indian Idol 12 - Indian Idol team relocated to Daman two weeks ago, due to the restrictions in Maharashtra. However, the judges Neha Kakkar, Himesh Reshammiya and Vishal Dadlani have been missing in action and lyricist Manoj Muntashir and Anu Malik stepped in to judge a few episodes. There was speculation about Neha, Vishal and Himesh not returning to the show until they resume shoot in Mumbai. But we have got to know that Neha and Himesh travelled to Daman on April 29, shot for two days and returned back to Mumbai.
- Lyricist and screenwriter Manoj Muntashir has joined Indian Idol 12
as a new judge along with Anu Malik. While he is gaining praise for
sharing his tales related to several celebrated actors and shows, he
admitted to committing an error while talking about late actor Shammi
Kapoor. In the recent episode of Indian Idol, Manoj shared an incident
wherein he revealed how Shammi finally managed to convince Geeta Bali to
get married to him while they were shooting at night for a film. This
came after days of persuading her. Manoj said Geeta agreed but on one
condition. She asked him to marry her the same night.
- Legendary actress Rekha, who came as a guest judge in the show, mentioned how happy she was to hear about Neha’s wedding and decided to get her a special gift as a shaadi ka shagun. Rekha gifted a beautiful Kanjivaram saree to Neha. Not only this, the Bollywood diva also gifted her a hand-written letter. She wished the Neha and Rohanpreet a happy married life ahead. Neha also got shagun from Neetu Kapoor.
- Judges arrange for a special 'Iftar' for contestant Danish Mohd - Anu
malik also encouraged him and everyone to share an amazing 'Iftar' on
stage. For its first, Danish will be breaking his fast without his
- Aditya Narayan to be back as a host after recovering from COVID-19;
Anu Malik to join as a judge. Popular singer Aditya Narayan, who was
missing from the singing reality show Indian Idol 12 after he was tested
COVID-19 positive will be back to host the show. The
singer-turned-actor has recovered from the virus and is back on the sets
to host it. Aditya recently shot for the episode and looked dapper in a
black suit. The upcoming episode will also see a change in judges panel
as Himesh Reshammiya, Neha Kakkar and Vishal Dadlani will be missing
and replacing them will be music director Anu Malik and lyricist Manoj
- Contestant Sawai Bhatt to quit the show? Judges express concern. Sawai told the judges that he wants to quit the show.
Sawai reasoned that his mother has been keeping unwell since the past 3-4 months
- Indian Idol season 12 is welcomed the legendary diva of the Indian Film Industry, Jaya Prada. The actress who has ruled over the film industry since the last four decades will be seen revealing some unknown facts about her long-lasting career in several languages. The show's host Jay Bhanushali will be seen spending delightful moments with the queen of romance. In the show, post an astonishing performance by Arunita
shows like Dance Deewane, Indian Pro Music League and Indian Idol have
shot in advance and will manage the telecast for the next two weeks.
Arvind Rao, producer of Dance Deewane, says, “The issues will start
after the next weekend because, currently we have a bank. The issues
will start when would not have a bank after the next weekend. We are
hoping for the best outcome of our meeting with the CM. As of now, we
have halted the shoot.” Along with Rao, judge Dharmesh Yelande and many
crew members had tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago.
- Indian Idol Season 12 is all set to take you on a festive spree with the "Ramnavmi Special" episode where Ramdev Baba will grace the stage with his presence.
Idol 12: Anandji Dances to Idol Sawai's and Sayali's Mesmerising
Performance Singing reality show Indian Idol 12 is stepping towards its
finale and tonight's episode will welcome music director Anandji. He
will be seen enjoying on the sets and tapping his feet on contestant's
- Indian Idol 12's popular contestant
Pawandeep Rajan will be performing through a video call for legends
Kalyan ji- Anand ji's special week. The contestant has tested positive for COVID-19 after he showed mild symptoms. As a precautionary measure, he has been quarantined and will perform this week virtually.
- After Bollywood megastar Rekha, Indian Idol 12 is air its episode featuring music maestro A R Rahman.
The judges along with the contestants and host Rithvik Dhanjani will
spend quality time with the Oscar winner. In the show (which has already
been shot), Ashish gave an outstanding performance on the songs
Saathiya, Humma - Humma and Satrangi Re. He got a huge round of applause
from the dignitaries present on the sets.
- Indian Idol 12 eliminated contestant Nachiket Lele impressed fans with both his singing and different looks on the show.
- Anu Malik on
returning to 'Indian Idol 12' but as a guest. It will be homecoming for
him as he will be coming on as a guest along with Udit Narayan and
- Indian Idol 12: Team starts shooting for final round of auditions - Indian Idol 12 is likely to go on-air by the end of this month and the team has kickstarted Day 1 of their shoot today, in Mumbai's Film City.
- Sony TV announced the 12th season of their popular reality show India Idol. This season, the channel has decided to use the digital medium to take the auditions online.
- This season it is reported that Vishal Dadlani, Neha Kakkar, and Himesh Reshammiya will be coming back as Judges.
Format, TV Reality Show is about:
- Indian Idol is the Indian version of the Pop Idol format that has aired on Sony Entertainment Television since 2004, The singing reality show, Indian Idol 12 is one of the most loved shows of the television audience.
- Eliminated Contestants - Anjali Gaikwad, Nachiket Lele, Sireesha Bhagavatula, Anushka Banerjee, Vaishnav Girish, Samyak Prasana, Sawai Bhatt,
- Active Contestants in Competitions - Nihal Tauro, Shanmukha Priya, Ashish Kulkarni, Pawandeep Rajan, Muzaffarnagar, Arunita Kanjilal, Sayli Kamble.
- Sony TV announced the 12th season of their popular reality show India Idol. SonyLiv
- This season, the channel has decided to use the digital medium to take the auditions online.
told the judges that he wants to quit the show. Sawai reasoned that his
mother has been keeping unwell since the past 3-4 months, and he thinks
that he won't be able to go ahead in this journey. Judges Vishal
Dadlani and Himesh Reshammiya were shocked to hear this. Unable to
fathom what he heard, Himesh asked Sawai, "It means, you want to quit
- Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, after almost more than a month, the shootings of Television shows has slowly resumed. The Channels and makers are trying their level best to bring back the shows with a lot of entertainment.
- Indian Idol season 12 completes 50 episodes; team celebrates the special milestone.
this special milestone, the team members got together to cut the
special cake. They hugged one another and congratulated. They have even
appreciated the team work and it was an extremely proud moment for all
- The show's host Aditya Narayan and all the three judges will be seen on stage with lots of entertaining moments.
- The upcoming weekend episode will have tons of happiness and enjoyment. All the contestants will be cherishing the moments of the Eid festival and with that the achievement of completing the 50 episodes of Indian Idol 12.
- Indian Idol show has been in the news for controversies.
- The contestants say that the work of increasing the TRP of the show is done by showing them the poor householder on TV.
- The show is rumoured to be just a means of earning money and playing with the lives of talented contestants.
- Renowned playback singer and ex-judge of Indian Idol Sunidhi Chauhan and Kishore Kumar's son Amit Kumar revealed that they were asked to praise all the contestants irrespective of their opinions. They were told to not criticize any contestant even if they don't like his/her performance.
- Playback singer and winner of the first season of Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant criticised the show for focussing on fake love stories and poverty instead of singing talent of its contestants.
- What seemed like an end to the on-going controversy surrounding singing reality show Indian Idol 12 continues to grow more folds in more directions. After corresponding jabs from singer Amit Kumar and later from Aditya Narayan, the host of the show - the show has found itself in more controversy where MNS demanded an apology from Aditya Narayan on his comment 'Alibaug se aaya hai kya?'
- Indian Idol's Kishore Kumar special episode continues to be in the news even now as many speak about it and arguments back and forth about who feels what, continue.
if we look at the remaining contestants, Pawandeep Rajan seems to be
one of the weakest. As you might know, the makers have used Pawandeep and Arunita Kanjilal’s ‘love angle’
on several occasions. It makes us wonder if they are not eliminating
them because of this. What do you all think? Get voting and let us know.
- 5.2/10 · IMDb
- 4.0/5 from GoogleReview (1092 reviews)
- Season 1: Abhijeet Sawant
- Season 2: Sandeep Acharya
- Season 3: Prashant Tamang
- Season 4: Sourabhee Debbarma
- Season 5: Sreerama Chandra Mynampati
- Season 6: Vipul Mehta
- Season 7 (Jr.) Anjana Padmanabhan
- Season 8 (Jr.) Ananya Nanda
- Season 9: LV Revanth
- Season 10: Salman Ali
- Season 11: Sunny Hindustani
- Season 12: You