Kannada TV Show - Puttakkana Makkalu Latest update, New Star Cast, New Story, Today Episode Written update
- New daily soap opera, Puttakana Makkalu marks the return of senior actress Umashree to the small screen.
The show will be airing on a leading Kannada general entertainment channel (GEC). The channel airing the show has launched the first promo of the new show which features ace actress Umashree in it. Earlier in the month of March, pictures from the Muhurat of the new show had gone viral on social media platforms. The pictures not only had actress Umashree but various Kannada celebs like Vijay Suriya, Anirudh Jatkar, and others.
- Directed by Arooru Jagadish, Umashree plays the role of a mother, Puttakka, who is abandoned by her husband for not giving birth to a baby boy.
- Puttakka runs a hotel to feed her three daughters who play the protagonists in the serial.
- Titled 'Puttakkana Makkalu', the show is about a single mother who has three daughters. The soon-to-be-launched show has veteran actress Umashree in the titular role and is directed by Jothe Jotheyalli's director Aroor Jagadish.
Puttakana Makkalu marks the return of senior actress Umashree to the small screen. The daughters are played by Akshara, Ameeta Kulal and Shilpa Savasere.
- Umashree is
not new to the Kannada audiences. The actress, who was away from the
small screen for quite some years, made a comeback with the show
Chinnara Chillipili. The show marked the debut of the actress as a host.
It was for the first time that Umashree turned host in her career.
Besides the reality show, Umashree was also a part of the daily soap
'Aarthigobba Keerthigobba', which went off during the lockdown phase.
She played Ajay aka Kirath's mom in the show. Known for her comic roles,
the actress has featured in almost 400 movies so far. She has also
received National Film Award for Best Actress for her role as Gulabi in
the 2008 Kannada movie Gulabi Talkies.
- Akshara, I play the innocent elder daughter Aparna, who takes up family responsibility along with her mother. Though her father is alive, her longingness for her father’s love remains a dream. It is a coming-of-age character that I am excited to play.
- Ameeta Kulal I am the second daughter of Puttakka, who is very studious and wants to crack her UPSC exams, so that all the problems in her life can be solved. She wants to prove a point by becoming an IAS officer to show the world women are no lesser than men in any aspect of life.
- Shilpa Savasere, I portray Divya, the youngest daughter who has just entered college. She has plenty of dreams that she wants to achieve by excelling in her academics.