TOP 10 Controversies of Afsana Khan (Bigg Boss 15 Contestant)
Weekend Ka Vaar episode came as a thunderbolt for the housemates, especially Afsana Khan. The Punjabi singer faced host Salman Khan’s wrath over her abusive language and unacceptable behaviour with the housemates. He scolded her for age-shaming Shamita Shetty, using foul words for the ‘gay community’ while pointing at Vishal Kotian and losing herself while communicating with others. He also bashed her for cursing Shamita and exclaiming that people have died because of her curses. While calling her out for all of the above, Salman also said that he would have kicked her out of the Bigg Boss house had it been in his capacity. After getting reprimanded, Afsana claimed that she is not a person like this in real life. Salman cut her off and said, “Ye to humne dekh liya ko jo aap karar karti hai waisi bilkul nahi hai aap pichle do hafte mein (We have seen that you’re not the person you claim to be in the past two weeks).” Moving ahead, the Bollywood actor explained Afsana where she went wrong and said that she won’t survive in the industry if she sustains this kind of behaviour. “Agar aapka ravaiyaah aisa raha to aap 25 din last nahi kar sakti is industry mein,” he told her. Further, the host talked about her pattern and asked the contestants to explain it to everyone. On being asked, Jay Bhanushali, Shamita Shetty, Vishal Kotian and a few others talked about her ‘set pattern’. Continuing this, Salman also mentioned that she follows a pattern wherein someone who is close to her at a point in time ultimately becomes her enemy someday. Earlier, a video clip consisting of Afsana’s massive fight with Shamita was played. During which she was seen age-shaming, body-shaming, abusing and cursing the Bollywood actress. Following their nasty fight, she also suffered a panic attack in the BB house.
- 'Titliaan Warga' fame Afsana Khan opens up about her struggle days; reveals she had to think twice before buying a water bottle worth Rs 20
- Joined Bigg Boss 15
About Donal Bisht:
Punjabi singer Afsana Khan, who is currently seen in Bigg Boss 15, opened up about her struggle story during an in-house conversation with Jay Bhanushali, Vidhi Pandya and Donal Bisht.
- The woman behind 2020’s biggest hit, ‘Titliaan Warga’ talked about her journey as a singer and shared all about her struggle days. While conversing with the fellow contestants, Afsana revealed that she has seen a time when she couldn’t buy a Rs 20 water bottle. She further told that she has seen a time when she used to survive on a packet of chips because she couldn’t afford a full meal.
- Afsana shared that she has struggled for almost 10-11 years. She said, “Patiala padti thi, study meri free thi. Wo pani ki bottle 20 rupay ki mai sochke leti thi, ki loon ki nahi loon. Ek kurkure ka packet leke pura 2.5-3 ghante ka safar nikalti thi (I used to think a lot even before buying a bottle of water when I was studying in Patiala. I used to survive on a packet of snacks during my 2.5-3 hours of travelling time).” She also revealed that she used to sing at ‘fairs’ to earn money.
- The singer shared how her participation in Rising Star made her earn a little fame which worked in her favour. Afsana further told about how she started earning a little thereon and gradually reached where she is today.
- Meanwhile, Jay, Vidhi and Donal praised her efforts and discussed how struggles play an important role in everybody’s career.
Controversies and FACTS:
- The woman behind the biggest blockbuster track: Afsana is a popular name in the Punjabi music industry. She has sung some of the most popular songs, Dhakka, Naina De Theke, Jaani Ve Jaani to name a few. However, she rose to fame with ‘Titliaan Warga’, featuring Harrdy Sandhu and Sargun Mehta, which was the biggest blockbuster track of 2020
- Reality show journey: She started her career in the Punjabi music industry with her participation in Voice of Punjab season 3, in 2012. After garnering quite some fan following with her reality show stint, Afsana went on to take up a few music projects and gradually walked the path of success. Earlier, she used to sing in ‘fairs’ to earn her living.
- The Dhakka controversy:
Afsana called in trouble on herself when she performed her song
‘Dhakka’ at her alma mater in Badal district. A video of her performance
went viral on social media and a complaint was filed against her for
singing songs that promote gun culture.
- The revelation about her struggle days:
Recently, while talking to fellow contestants in the Bigg Boss house,
Afasna revealed that she has struggled for 10-11 years to reach where
she is today She shared that she has seen a time when she had to think
twice about buying a Rs 20 water bottle, during her college days. The
singer also shared that she used to survive on a packet of chips during
her 2.5-3 hours of journey because she couldn’t afford to buy a full
- Making headlines with her Bigg Boss 15 entry:
Though Afsana’s entry in the Bigg Boss 15 house was similar to that of
other contestants, she made headlines before her entry into the show.
Afsana had almost backed out of the reality show after she suffered
panic attack ahead of her entry. The reports about her exit did rounds
on the internet. However, soon things turned in her favour and she made
her grand entry on the premiere night.
- The big revelation about her marriage: On
her entry on the Bigg Boss 15 stage, Afsana revealed that marriage was
on her cards in the month of November. While conversing with Salman
Khan, the singer shared that she was about to get married next month but
postponed it after she was offered Bigg Boss. She further added that it
would be difficult for her to stay away from her finance and questioned
the host about how he goes on without love in his life.
- A friend and supporter of Shehnaaz Gill: Afsana is friends with Bigg Boss 13 fame Shehnaaz Gill. In one of her interviews, the former revealed that she met Shehnaaz in Mohali and calls her sister. Moreover, she was a huge supporter of the latter during her Bigg Boss journey, especially during the Himanshi Khurana controversy. Talking about Shehnaaz’ BB journey in an interview, Afsana said, “She played her real self. She is very moody and is very gentle at heart.”