TOP 10 Controversies of Gaana Isaivani (Bigg Boss Tamil 5 Contestant)
- Gaana Isaivani is the first contestant to enters the Bigg Boss Tamil 5.
- Kamal introduces the first contestant Isaivani, who is a singer. She sets the stage on fire with her song
Host Kamal introduces the Gaana singer to the audience.
- He appreciates her efforts as a folk song singer.
- Struggling life, Isaivani narrates the struggles faced by her and dad while they were banned from performing at any event. She narrates how she used to be degraded by people for being a Gaana singer.
- 'I want my parents to be proud of me. Bigg Boss is a one-time opportunity for me, I will make sure I use it well' Isaivaani
- You want a girl to do household chores, but why don't you let her sing on the stage? Isaivani.
Controversies: Isaivani’s band ‘The Casteless Collective’ often lands into controversies for the topics they highlight in their songs. They have come up with songs on socially relevant topics like inequalities in the caste system, oppression of women and minorities by the state, and the Sabarimala controversy, to name a few.
About Gaana Isaivani
- Isaivani aka Gaana Isaivani is a singer who is from Royapuram, Chennai.
- She is the daughter of Selvi and Sivakumar D, who is skiled in playing
multiple musical instruments.
- In 2020, she was honored with the BBC 100
- Beginning her singing career at the age of 6, she has
performed in more than 10000 shows.
- She has become the first professional Gaana singer in the world to achieve this milestone.
- Humble background: Isaivani is a Gana singer who is from Royapuram, Chennai. She is the daughter of Selvi and Sivakumar D and comes from a very humble background.
- Started singing at 6: Isaivani learned music from her father, who was a self-taught keyboard artist. She started performing Gana at the age of 6.
- More than 10 thousand shows:
Isaivani along with her dad has performed in more than 10000 shows in
various places. She continues to impress the fans with her Gana songs.
She is an expert in other styles too. Isaivani became close to the
audience with her rendition of ‘Pacha Kallu Mookkuthi’ song.
- First professional female Gana singer: Isaivani
became part of the Indian Indie band called ‘The Casteless Collective’
in 2017. This band was established with the support of Neelam Panpattu
Maiyam founded by filmmaker Pa. Ranjith. The band has 12 singers and
Isaivani is the only female singer. She became the first professional
female Gana singer in the world.
- Popular works: Isaivani’s popular works include Jai Bhim Anthem, Magizhchi, Quota, Magizhchi, Vada Chennai, Thalaiva, and Dabba Dabba. (Photo - Instagram / Twitter / Screenshot)
- Claim to fame: Isaivani’s claim to fame was being honored with the ‘BBC 100 Women award’ in 2020 for her achievements. After a gap of 8 years, she became the first Tamil female to feature in the prestigious list of women achievers.