Sony TV's Mere Dad ki Dulhan (Star Cast, Story, Photos, Latest News, Future Story so far)
- Mere Dad Ki Dulhan to wrap up on November 19 - Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola starrer Mere Dad Ki Dulhan is all to go off-air and here's when the team will be wrapping up the shoot.
- Shweta Tiwari Opens up on 'Mere Dad Ki Dulhan' Going Off-AirThe reason it isn't a surprise for the cast and crew of MDKD is because it was always supposed to be a finite series and that is also what leading lady actor Shweta Tiwari said.
- Shweta Tiwari says 'Shooting the Roka ceremony was a sweet moment'Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola shot for the roka ceremony for Mere Dad Ki Dulhan recently and here's what the former has to say about it.
- Recently, according to a report in a leading paper, ‘Mere Dad Ki Dulhan’, which features Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola in lead roles will see a new entry. The production house has now roped in actor Shaleen Malhotra of ‘Arjun’ fame to play Rishi, the parallel lead.
About the show:
- Mere Dad Ki Dulhan (English: My Father's Bride) was an Indian soap opera which aired on Sony Entertainment Television. The show was produced by DJ's a Creative Unit, stars Varun Badola, Shweta Tiwari and Anjali Tatrari in lead roles.
- Varun Badola as Amber Sharma: Niya's father, Guneet's husband and Anjali's former husband (NDP-No Drama Please) (2019–2020)
- Shweta Tiwari as Guneet Sharma nee Sikka : Amber's wife, Niya's stepmother, Pammi's daughter, (Bawra Mann) (2019–2020)
- Anjali Tatrari as Niya Sharma: Amber and Anjali's Daughter, Guneet's stepdaughter, Kabir's love interest (2019–2020)
- Broadcast, The show went on-air on 11 November 2019 from Monday to Thursday at 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. since KBC 11 was in production. Later post KBC 11, show was aired Monday to Friday at the same timeslot. Later when the production of KBC 12 was in telecast, Mere Dad Ki Dulhan was aired from Monday to Thursday at 10:50 p.m. to 11:20 p.m.
- Filming, The filming of the series was halted in 19 March 2020 with 99th episode aired on 31 March 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic. Later the filming again began in late June with new episodes aired from 20 July 2020. The shooting of the series was slowed down when Shweta Tiwari contracted Covid-19 and Varun Badola quarantined himself. The show wrapped up in early November with airing its last episode on 19 November 2020 and getting replaced by Story 9 Months Ki.
The Quint reviewed, "Varun Badola embraces the prickliness of being a
middle-aged widower and makes the audience empathise with him – even if
it’s accompanied by a dose of annoyance. Thanks to Swetha Tiwari’s
natural performance and the empathetic way in which her character is
handled, we root for Guneet to find love again." The show was a finite
series of 150 episodes but due to good response from the audience, it
extended to 181 episodes and ended on 19 November 2020