New Star Cast of Aye Tobe Sohochori
- Housewives like Sohochori don't have friends; it's our failure that we couldn't help them fight their loneliness: Koneenica Banerjee.
- The viewers will see Koneenica as the protagonist Sohochori, a housewife who dedicated her life to her family.
- Sohochori finds a good friend in Borfi, a young girl, who is full of life. “Borfi is more of her daughter’s age. There is a huge age barrier. But like they say, friendship, regardless of age, brings people together. Sohochori visualises her childhood in Borfi. Holding each other’s hands, they start a beautiful journey,” says the actress.
Sohochori couldn’t get time to pursue her goals but patiently nurtured
a dream deep in her heart. Koneenica says, “Everyone has a dream and
so does Sohochori. But unfortunately, we don’t ask them about their
dreams. She dreams about studying and winning a gold medal one day. Aye
Tobe Sohochori’ will narrate the story of dreams, friendship and much
- ‘Aye Tobe Sohochori’, the show will narrate the story of two friends who
have a huge age gap. Koneenica will play the titular role in the show.
- According to the story,
is a dutiful wife who devoted her life for the family. But she secretly nurtures a dream. Sohochori wanted to continue her education and win a gold medal. Fate brings Sohochori and Borfi, a bubbly college student together.
- They develop a beautiful friendship. How become friends, stand by each other through thick and thin form the major crux of the story. Arunima Haldar will play Borfi’s character in the show.
Popular actress Koneenica Banerjee is all excited about her new project ‘Aye Tobe Sohochori’. The actress will be paired opposite Indrajit Chakraborty which has an interesting storyline. Koneenica’s last show ‘Andarmahal’ was quite a hit. The actress was seen playing Parameshwari’s character in her previous project. She will be seen playing the role of grown-up kids in her upcoming movie. Speaking about her character, Koneenica says, “I can already relate to Sohochori’s character and I think viewers would also connect to her. We all have met women like Sohochori, who is devoted to her family. They play every role with perfection, take utmost care of their families, and are always there when we need them. But unfortunately, they hardly have friends. They are lonely at times. We have seen Sohochori in our moms, aunts, or grandmothers. I would say, it is our failure that we couldn’t become friends or help them fight their loneliness.” When asked whether it is a challenge, Koneenica says, “Parameshwari was a mother, and when I played the role I didn’t have a child. Now, I have a toddler and will be playing Sohochori with grown-up kids. That’s a part of an actor’s life and these challenges make the work more interesting. Sahana di has beautifully weaved the story and painted Sohochori’s character. There couldn’t be a better comeback.”
Bengali actor Indranil Chatterjee, who was earlier seen in ‘Ke Apon Ke Por’, has a new project in his kitty. Indranil will feature in ‘Aye Tobe Sohochori’, starring Koneenica Banerjee and Indrajit Chakraborty in the lead role. He will play Koneenica and Indrajit’s son Upal in the TV drama. Indranil played Sarthak’s character in mega-serial ‘Ke Apon Ke Por’, which was quite a hit on Bengali television. His reel character Upal is an educated and smart guy. Upal is modern, ambitious unlike Sarthak, who was a shy guy. Indranil wasn’t seen in any show after ‘Ke Apon Ke Por’, which had Pallavi Sharma and Biswajit Ghosh as the lead actors. The actor is all excited about his new project.
- Arunima Haldar
will play Borfi’s role. She is thrilled to share the screen with
Koneenica. “Koneenica di is a brilliant actress and I am a great admirer
of her. During the promo shoot, I was nervous. But she helped me to
ease and shoot the sequence. But now, we have already bonded and become
friends. I am lucky to share the screen with her,” says Arunima.